Balancing value and strong audio performance, the Audio-Technica AT2035 condenser microphone offers a smooth and detailed sound at a price point that's accessible for home-based musicians, vocalists, and podcasters. The large-diaphragm condenser capsule incorporates a cardioid polar pattern for minimal feedback and off-axis noise, a welcome trait when tracking in untreated rooms. Plus, the supplied custom shockmount helps keep extraneous handling and foot noise down.
Engage the -10 dB pad to increase headroom and capture incredibly loud sources up to 158 dB SPL without distortion. When low-frequency rumble/hum or overwhelming bass invade your signal, turn on the 80 Hz high-pass filter switch to attenuate the lows without resorting to EQ. Since the AT2035 is a solid-state condenser with an XLR output, it should be mated to an XLR-equipped mic preamp capable of sending 48V phantom power, or anything between 11 to 52 VDC.
At Home or Onstage
Ready for Daily Use
Features at a Glance
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and -10 dB pad
- Custom shockmount provides superior decoupling from vibrations
- Operates on 11 to 52 VDC phantom power from a range of devices such as portable mixers, desktop audio interfaces, or external mic preamps
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output connector