With a generous objective lens, a stable image, and a housing designed to withstand the elements, the Solo 10x36 Monocular from Vortex is suited to birding, hiking, hunting, travel, sightseeing, concerts, sports, theater – anywhere you want a good look at distant details. The Solo's 8x magnification has plenty of power for long-range observations, but is less susceptible to image shake than higher powered optics, and the 36mm objective has light-gathering power for a bright image even at low-light times such as dawn and dusk. This combination of magnification and objective size yields a wide 60° apparent angle of view – that's nearly 400 feet at 1,000 yards. This monocular also offers a very useful close-focus distance of just 16.4 feet.
A built-in utility clip makes it easy to hang the monocular on a belt, strap, or pocket when you need your hands free. The rubber-armored housing is O-ring sealed to keep out water and dust, and is purged with nitrogen to prevent internal fogging no matter the conditions. The twist-up eyecup and 18mm eye relief make the monocular comfortable for people who wear eyeglasses. And at 4.9 x 2.6", it's easy to carry and store.
- 8x magnification
- 36mm objective lens
- Roof prism for a compact form factor
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, clarity, and contrast
Use and Handling
- Easy focusing collar around eyepiece
- Adjustable eyecup for full field of view when wearing eyeglasses
- 393' field of view at 1000 yards
- Comfortable 18mm eye relief
- Bright 4.5mm exit pupil
- 16.4' close focus
- Protective slip-resistant rubber armor
- O-ring sealed waterproof & dustproof
- Nitrogen-filled for fog-free performance
- Integrated utility clip for belt, strap, pocket, etc
- Compact at 4.9 x 2.6"
- Lanyard & carrying case