The Shure SM58S & SM57-LC Mics, Stands, and Cables Kit from B&H consists of a Shure SM58S microphone, a Shure SM57-LC microphone, 2 tripod mic stands with fixed booms, and 2 XLR cables. The SM58S features an On/Off switch right on its body, allowing the speaker or performer to quickly mute the microphone as needed, and, along with the SM57-LC, can be used on a variety of sources ranging from drums to strings to vocals.
The Shure SM58S Vocal Microphone features a cardioid dynamic vocal design well suited for professional vocal use in live performances, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. A built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise, while the cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The microphone offers durable construction, a high-quality internal shockmount system, and a steel mesh grille for withstanding rough handling. The SM58S is designed to perform consistently both outdoors and indoors and when used for singing or speech applications. The microphone features an integrated on/off switch and includes a microphone clip and a zippered pouch.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant microphone clip that rotates 180 degrees
- High quality, rugged, and reliable
- Cardioid dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
In the studio, the SM57-LC is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57-LC is a consistent choice of professional performers. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and application diversity make this workhorse the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers all over the world.
- B&H is proud to be partnering with Audio Test Kitchen, the world’s most comprehensive online audio product comparison platform, to improve the resources provided to our customers shopping for the right microphone for their given application.
- This provides you with the ability to listen to a growing selection of microphones with spoken word recordings captured in a standardized environment, with levels matched by the talented engineers at Audio Test Kitchen in its impressive reference studio.
- Audio Test Kitchen records microphones under identical conditions, so you can compare them—apples to apples. The source, signal chain, and level never change. The only differences you will hear are between the microphones.
- Professional workhorse for vocals and instruments in live sound reinforcement
- Legendarily reproduced, bright and clean sound
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Extremely durable design includes a pneumatic shockmount system that cuts down handling noise
The Auray MS-5230F Tripod Microphone Stand with Fixed Boom features durable, steel construction. The 31.5" boom arm allows you to angle the mic however you need it. An ergonomic twist-action clutch helps adjust the height of the stand, while the reinforced tripod base and nonslip feet keep it firmly and sturdily in place. The Auray MS-5230F mic stand collapses for easy transport.
The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (20') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise. While the cable's color-coding affords the ability to quickly differentiate between multiple connections on stage, it provides a pleasant aesthetic quality at the same time.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24-AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. The 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.