- Flash head tilts with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45 °, 60°, 75°, and 90° and rotates left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
- A first for shoe-mounted flashes, a built-in cooling system enables over 100 consecutive bursts at full output without overheating
- Running on four AA batteries, a quick recycle time of 1.8-2.6 seconds is possible. SB-5000 can also be powered via the optional SK-6 Power Bracket Unit and SD-9 High-Performance Battery Pack to further reduce recycle times and increase the number of flashes per charge
- Guide number of 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm or 180' at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Manual power output from 1/1 to 1/256
- Flash exposure compensation from -3 to +3 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Flash duration of 1/980 to 1/30,820 second depending on output setting
- Full sync mode support is available with slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain options.
- Coverage of 14-24mm in FX when using built-in wide-angle diffusion panel
- Light distribution angle is automatically adjustable to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats with standard, even, and center-weighted options
- Updated flash design includes a backlit rear LCD panel, a dedicated Info button for fast access to commonly adjusted settings, and an auxiliary PC terminal for additional wired triggering options
- Customize settings with Unified Flash Control using Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2 software from a computer. Also, flash firmware can be updated through the camera
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting when used with a D5 or D500 DSLR equipped with WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller and WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter
- Radio triggering range of 98' with no line-of-sight requirement and with control over 6 groups of flashes
- Wireless Commander TTL capabilities with both optical and radio trigger options
- Commander Mode to set up optical wireless flashes in 3 groups and in one of 4 channels
- Control and mix optical and radio flashes
The Watson 8-Bay Rapid Charger for AA / AAA NiMH or NiCd Rechargeable Batteries charges up to 8 AA or AAA size nickel-metal hydride or nickel-cadmium rechargeable batteries. Charging time ranges from 3.6-4.6 hr for AA batteries, and 1.6-2 hr for AAA's. Eight individual LCD indicators give the charging status for each battery. Patented technology permits the charging of different sizes and types of battery simultaneously--charge a AA with a AAA, or an NiMH with an NiCd.
The charger's intelligent microprocessor doles out the full charge to each battery while preventing overcharging, thanks to Delta Voltage Protection. The Safety Timer with Automatic Timer Shut-Off senses when batteries are fully charged and ceases charging. Automatic Charge Current Selection automatically chooses the optimal current for the batteries you're charging. Reverse Polarity Protection and Alkaline and Bad Battery Protection safeguard the charger and your batteries against damage when batteries are installed improperly. There's also a discharge function, allowing you to refresh the batteries prior to charging.
The charger features an icon that shifts up and down during discharging, and stops shifting when discharge is complete. This icon also displays battery capacity while charging. The full-battery icon lights up when the batteries are fully charged. A flashing full-battery icon indicates an abnormality, such as the presence of a bad or alkaline battery, and at this point the charger will cease its operation. The charger is powered by an included external AC adapter with switching 100-240V power for worldwide use, or by the 12-24V DC cord which can plug into your car's cigarette lighter for charging on-the-go.
Power various electronics, including photo equipment, flashlights, gaming devices, and more, with this 8-pack of 1.2V MX AA NiMH Batteries from Watson. The Japanese-made cells come precharged and ready for use with a capacity of 2550mAh, making them ideal for use with high-drain devices. Thanks to their very low self-discharge rate, they are capable of retaining up to 85% of their capacity after one year in storage. The batteries can be recharged up to 500 times before their usable capacity starts to diminish. Additionally, they are durable enough to function in temperatures as low as -4°F.
The CBP-N2 Compact Battery Pack from Bolt will boost the number of flashes and the recycle time of your compatible SB-900, SB-910, and SB-5000 flash. The CBP-N2 can operate on four or eight AA batteries--alkaline, lithium, or nickel-hydride (NiMH). Lights on the pack indicate Standby, Recycle, or Low Power mode. A thermal protection switch prevents overheating. The CBP-N2 can provide up to 577 flashes per charge, and recycle times as fast as 1.92 seconds. The pack, which weighs just 7 oz without the batteries, can also be attached to the bottom of your camera using the tripod socket.
Nissin: Di700 for Nikon, Di866 for Nikon, Di866 Mark II for Nikon, MG8000 for Nikon
The Fabric Softbox for Portable Flash (Medium) from Vello is designed to improve the quality of the light from your shoe-mounted flash unit. It has a soft white fabric interior lining that diminishes the harsh effects that often result from using a shoe-mounted flash unit, delivering diffused light and soft shadows. It has windows which allow for extra fill light. Touch-tab fasteners are included for mounting the unit to your flash.
Vello's Cinch Strap for Portable Flashes makes it easy to quickly attach accessories to your portable flash. It simply wraps around the head of your portable flash, eliminating the need for messy self-adhesive loops. Compatible with most on-camera shoe mounted flashes. It easily allows attachment of such Vello products as:
- FD-200 Light Bouncer
- FD-210 / Light Bouncer Plus
- FD-300 Universal Softbox Small
- FD-310 Universal Softbox Medium
- FD-320 Universal Softbox Large
- FD-400 5" Snoot/Reflector
- FD-410 8" Snoot/Reflector
- FD-500 Fabric Softbox
- FD-600 Honeycomb Grip 1/8"
- FD-610 Honeycomb Grip 1/4"
- FD-700 Light Shapers
This Battery Case from Watson is an ideal way to protect and store up to four AA or AAA batteries. The case is small and portable, so you can easily carry spare batteries in your coat pocket or a small bag. This case keeps your spare batteries safe from unwanted contact, dust, and moisture.