- Flash head tilts with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45 °, 60°, 75°, and 90° and rotates left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
- A first for shoe-mounted flashes, a built-in cooling system enables over 100 consecutive bursts at full output without overheating
- Running on four AA batteries, a quick recycle time of 1.8-2.6 seconds is possible. SB-5000 can also be powered via the optional SK-6 Power Bracket Unit and SD-9 High-Performance Battery Pack to further reduce recycle times and increase the number of flashes per charge
- Guide number of 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm or 180' at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Manual power output from 1/1 to 1/256
- Flash exposure compensation from -3 to +3 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- Flash duration of 1/980 to 1/30,820 second depending on output setting
- Full sync mode support is available with slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain options.
- Coverage of 14-24mm in FX when using built-in wide-angle diffusion panel
- Light distribution angle is automatically adjustable to the camera's image area in both FX and DX formats with standard, even, and center-weighted options
- Updated flash design includes a backlit rear LCD panel, a dedicated Info button for fast access to commonly adjusted settings, and an auxiliary PC terminal for additional wired triggering options
- Customize settings with Unified Flash Control using Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2 software from a computer. Also, flash firmware can be updated through the camera
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting when used with a D5 or D500 DSLR equipped with WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller and WR-A10 Wireless Remote Adapter
- Radio triggering range of 98' with no line-of-sight requirement and with control over 6 groups of flashes
- Wireless Commander TTL capabilities with both optical and radio trigger options
- Commander Mode to set up optical wireless flashes in 3 groups and in one of 4 channels
- Control and mix optical and radio flashes
The Watson 8-Bay Rapid Charger for AA / AAA NiMH or NiCd Rechargeable Batteries charges up to 8 AA or AAA size nickel-metal hydride or nickel-cadmium rechargeable batteries. Charging time ranges from 3.6-4.6 hr for AA batteries, and 1.6-2 hr for AAA's. Eight individual LCD indicators give the charging status for each battery. Patented technology permits the charging of different sizes and types of battery simultaneously--charge a AA with a AAA, or an NiMH with an NiCd.
The charger's intelligent microprocessor doles out the full charge to each battery while preventing overcharging, thanks to Delta Voltage Protection. The Safety Timer with Automatic Timer Shut-Off senses when batteries are fully charged and ceases charging. Automatic Charge Current Selection automatically chooses the optimal current for the batteries you're charging. Reverse Polarity Protection and Alkaline and Bad Battery Protection safeguard the charger and your batteries against damage when batteries are installed improperly. There's also a discharge function, allowing you to refresh the batteries prior to charging.
The charger features an icon that shifts up and down during discharging, and stops shifting when discharge is complete. This icon also displays battery capacity while charging. The full-battery icon lights up when the batteries are fully charged. A flashing full-battery icon indicates an abnormality, such as the presence of a bad or alkaline battery, and at this point the charger will cease its operation. The charger is powered by an included external AC adapter with switching 100-240V power for worldwide use, or by the 12-24V DC cord which can plug into your car's cigarette lighter for charging on-the-go.
Keep your photo, video, and audio devices running longer with the 8-pack of CX AA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries from Watson. These batteries have a long shelf life due to their low self-discharge, and they can be recharged up to 2100 times to provide you with many years of use. Even after ten years in storage, they retain 70% of their charge, and they come charged and ready to use in temperatures as low as -4° Fahrenheit.
This Vello Light Bouncer Kit for Portable Flashes spreads and redirects the light from a portable flash to soften the quality of light and distribute it over a wider area. No exposure compensation is necessary with automatic flashes, but operating distances will be somewhat reduced.
The Light Bouncer can be used with slaves, or alone where low ceilings are not available, or where more direct but soft fill light is desired. It attaches to the flash head in seconds with the included touch-tab fasteners.
The silver insert adds a specular look to highlights. The gold insert adds a warm tone to the scene, particularly useful for outdoor fill-flash. These inserts attach with touch-tab fasteners to the bounce surface of the Light Bouncer to further modify the light.
Vello's Cinch Strap for Portable Flashes makes it easy to quickly attach accessories to your portable flash. It simply wraps around the head of your portable flash, eliminating the need for messy self-adhesive loops. Compatible with most on-camera shoe mounted flashes. It easily allows attachment of such Vello products as:
- FD-200 Light Bouncer
- FD-210 / Light Bouncer Plus
- FD-300 Universal Softbox Small
- FD-310 Universal Softbox Medium
- FD-320 Universal Softbox Large
- FD-400 5" Snoot/Reflector
- FD-410 8" Snoot/Reflector
- FD-500 Fabric Softbox
- FD-600 Honeycomb Grip 1/8"
- FD-610 Honeycomb Grip 1/4"
- FD-700 Light Shapers
This Battery Case from Watson is an ideal way to protect and store up to four AA or AAA batteries. The case is small and portable, so you can easily carry spare batteries in your coat pocket or a small bag. This case keeps your spare batteries safe from unwanted contact, dust, and moisture.