With their powerful magnification and large objectives, the Nikon 16x50 Action Extreme ATB Binoculars are the ideal companion for boaters who need to read marker buoys and see potential hazards far in advance, or for big-game hunters who need to clearly identify game at extreme distances.
To help mitigate the disorientation often experienced when looking through binoculars on the water, the Action Extreme has a generous field of view and an exceptional eye relief that provides the room to back the eyes off the eyepieces for a more comfortable viewing position. The traditional Porro prism design, when combined with the over-sized objective lenses, BAK4 prism glass, and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, delivers immersive high-contrast views that are bright and sharp, with accurate colors and a rich depth of field so users can differentiate the relative distance between objects in the view.
Complementing this optical performance are design details that allow the Action Extreme to withstand the rigors of outdoor life and make their use easier in extreme conditions. The Porro prism design has an inherently balanced and comfortable feel in the hand for long-duration observation sessions. Rubber armor protects the chassis and provides a sure and reliable grip in cold and wet weather, while the large center focus wheel is likewise rubberized, and the right-eye dioptric correction is adjusted using a thumb lever—instead of a conventional ring—to make them easier to use when wearing gloves. Their optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions. A tethered one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as they hang around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps can clip onto the neck strap to keep them safe from blowing overboard or being lost on the forest floor.
From the trail, to the range, to the boat, the 16x50 Action Extreme binoculars are engineered to deliver the high-power long-distance performance required by discerning observers—especially boaters and avid outdoor enthusiasts who won't let inclement weather and rough seas keep them at home or in a safe harbor.
- Powerful 16x magnification allows detailed observations of distant subjects on land and sea
- Large 50mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability to ensure distant views remain bright and sharp for better resolution, even in challenging light conditions
- Traditional Porro prism design makes it comfortable to hold and presents a rich depth of field
- High-index BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity and improve contrast and image brightness
- Apparent angle of view approaches wide-angle to help reduce the appearance of visible hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics such as this
- 183-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large textured and slip-resistant center fast-focusing knob is easy to manipulate in cold or wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction enables users to compensate for individual optical prescriptions for clearer views; large adjustment lever is easy to find and use
- 56 to 72mm interpupillary adjustment range allows use by a wide variety of people
- Twist-up / click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter that enables hands-free use to eliminate hand shake/vibrations and arm fatigue
- Long 17.8mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and improves viewing comfort
- 3.1mm exit pupil
- Environmentally-friendly prism and lens feature Eco-Glass that is made without lead and arsenic
- Protective textured rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip in cold or wet weather
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Includes tripod mount adapter to improve image stability for long-term observations, eliminate arm fatigue, and limit vibrations
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 37 ounces