This B&H Kit pairs a Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod with a 808RC4 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head. The tripod can hold 17.6 lb of gear, and extends from 9.6" to 73". The tripod folds down to 30.1" for transport. It features a Quick Power Lock System that allows you to completely extend the tripod legs with just one hand. Once set up you can use the MT055CXPRO3's rapid center column in standard vertical mode or swing it into horizontal position like a boom with Manfrotto's 90° column feature. Enlarged tabs on the individual leg angle selectors allow you to get down to only 9.6" for macro work with the column in horizontal mode. And once you're down there you can attach any of Manfrotto's flexible or articulated arms to hold lights or reflectors via the Easy Link plug built into the tripod's spider.
The 808RC4 is a 3-way pan/tilt head with three locking handles to control the three movements. Two balance springs can be applied to the vertical and horizontal tilt enabling you to more easily handle heavier camera loads. The springs can be turned on or off individually via two control knobs. A quick-release plate is included for attaching your camera to the head.
Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod
The Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod is a 3-section support that replaces the 055CXPRO3 tripod. It has a load capacity of 19.8 lb and extends from 3.5" to 66.9". Its carbon fiber legs are secured by the Quick Power Locks. These updated flip locks increase the tripod's rigidity by 50% compared to its predecessor.
A redesigned center column has a "one finger" operation, and includes an Easy Link 3/8"-16 attachment for attaching accessories such as an LED light or a reflector via a compatible arm. The center column can be positioned horizontally, allowing for low-angle and macro photography. The upper disc where a tripod head is mounted has been redesigned as well, and now has a bull's eye bubble level that rotates 360° so you can locate it where you can see it. This allows you to level your camera on both the horizontal and vertical planes.
Manfrotto 808RC4 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head with 410PL Quick Release Plate
The 808RC4 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head from Manfrotto has a load capacity of 17.6 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. It includes an integrated RC4 quick release cam lock and a 410PL Quick Release Plate. RC4 compatible quick release plates such as the 410PL can removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 or 3/16"-20 mount can be connected to the 410PL Quick Release Plate, which measures 2.5 x 3.3 x 0.5" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface. The head can be rotated 360°, tilted 90° forwards or 30° backwards, as well as 90° sideways for portrait orientation. Each of these three movements function independently of each other, have dedicated control handles, and can be locked into place by twisting each corresponding handle's rubberized grip.
To promote fast, repeatable, and accurate device positioning, the 808RC4 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head also includes dedicated angle scales for each movement that are designed for easy visibility. For heavier loads, built-in counterbalance springs can be user-activated to help ensure smooth as well as gradual backwards, forwards, and portrait orientation tilt movements.
808RC4 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head
- 17.6 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Can be rotated 360°, tilted 90° forwards or 30° backwards, as well as 90° sideways for portrait orientation
- Rotation, backwards and forwards tilt, as well as portrait orientation tilt each function independently of each other, have dedicated control handles, and can be locked into place
- Dedicated angle scales for each movement that are designed for easy visibility promote fast, repeatable, and accurate device positioning
- Built-in counterbalance springs help ensure smooth as well as gradual backwards, forwards, or portrait orientation tilt movements for heavier loads
- Dedicated, counterbalance spring on-off knobs for backward and forwards tilt, as well as portrait orientation tilt
- Integrated, RC4 quick release cam lock
- Two bubble levels for landscape orientations and one bubble level for portrait orientations
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
410PL Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC4 quick release cam lock
- Measures 2.5 x 3.3 x 0.5" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mount
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction