This B&H Kit combines the Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod with the XPRO Ball Head with Top Lock Quick Release System. The MT055CXPRO3 is a 3-section support with Manfrotto's Quick Power Lock System that allows you to completely extend the tripod legs with just one hand. The rapid center column has a "one finger" operation and can be used in standard vertical mode or can be swung into horizontal position like a boom with the 90° feature to get down to a minimum height of 3.5". You can attach any of Manfrotto's flexible or articulated arms to hold lights or reflectors via the Easy Link plug built into the tripod's spider.
The included XPRO ball head has separate knobs for both the ball and the 360° panning, as well as a friction control knob for more exacting placement. The Top Lock quick release system is an Arca-type compatible clamp and plate that allows the camera to be inserted from the top rather than slid in from the side. A safety lock prevents the plate from being accidentally released. Two bubble levels on the head let you adjust your camera so the horizon is even. A numbered scale around the base of the head makes repeating exact pans an easy task.
Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod
The Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod is a 3-section support that replaces the 055CXPRO3 tripod. It has a load capacity of 19.8 lb and extends from 3.5" to 66.9". Its carbon fiber legs are secured by the Quick Power Locks. These updated flip locks increase the tripod's rigidity by 50% compared to its predecessor.
A redesigned center column has a "one finger" operation, and includes an Easy Link 3/8"-16 attachment for attaching accessories such as an LED light or a reflector via a compatible arm. The center column can be positioned horizontally, allowing for low-angle and macro photography. The upper disc where a tripod head is mounted has been redesigned as well, and now has a bull's eye bubble level that rotates 360° so you can locate it where you can see it. This allows you to level your camera on both the horizontal and vertical planes.
Manfrotto XPRO Magnesium Ball Head with MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate
This XPRO Magnesium Ball Head from Manfrotto features an integrated Arca-type clamp and a MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate. Arca-type compatible quick release plates such as the MSQ6PL can be attached or removed from the Arca-type clamp located at the top of the ball-and-socket joint by tightening or loosening the clamp's locking knob. Within the recessed surface between the clamp's jaws is a retaining pin. This pin prevents an installed quick release plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened.
The XPRO Magnesium Ball Head with MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 22.1 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. By loosening this XPRO Magnesium Ball Head's primary locking knob, its ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Toward the ball head's base is a secondary locking knob that controls the ability to rotate the head 360°. An additional knob opposite the secondary locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate which measures 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.4".
XPRO Magnesium Ball Head
- 22.1 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated Arca-type clamp on top of on the ball-and-socket joint is compatible with Arca-type quick-release plates
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control knob for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Two bubble levels for landscape orientations and one bubble level for portrait orientations
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
MSQ6PL Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Arca-type quick release clamps
- Measures 2.8 x 2.2 x 0.4"
- 1/4"-20 mount
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction