Featuring a high-definition optical system, a lightweight magnesium alloy housing, and a generous field of view, the 8x28 Diamondback HD Binoculars from Vortex are a versatile optic suited to a wide range of uses.
The Diamondback HD renders views with minimal chromatic aberration, exceptional color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and optimal light transmission through the use of high definition glass, an index-matched lens configuration, XR Plus lens coatings, and dielectric-coated, phase-correcting roof prisms. Minimum focus is a birding-friendly 6 feet. The lenses are protected from scratches, oil, and dust by ArmorTek exterior lens coating.
The housing is argon filled and sealed with O-rings to ensure reliable and durable protection against dust, debris, fog, and water. They are rubber armored to make them non-slip and offers durable protection. They are equipped with a large focusing knob that is easy to use even while wearing gloves. Naturally contoured to perfectly fit your hands, promoting comfort, and eliminating user fatigue,the Diamondback HD includes a winning combination of features.
- Roof prism design
- 8x magnification
- 28mm objective lenses
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase transmission, clarity, and brightness
- Dielectric-coated, phase-correcting roof prisms improve true color, contrast, and transmission
- 332' linear field of view at 1000 yards
- 6' close focus distance
- Exit pupil: 3.5mm
- Eye Relief: 18mm
- Short-hinge bridge cuts weight and exposes more surface for handling
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 55-72mm
- Oversized knurled center focusing wheel
- Textured diopter ring on right eyepiece
- Twist-up soft tapered rubber eyecups
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- O-ring sealed and argon-filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperatures and environmental conditions
- Scratch-resistant ArmorTek exterior lens coatings repel oils and corrosive materials from lenses