Featuring a generous objective lens, a wide field of view, and a close focus distance of just 5', the 8x42 Diamondback HD Binoculars from Vortex are a versatile optic suited to a wide range of uses. They come with a Vortex GlassPak harness for comfortable use during hours of observation.
The Diamondback HD renders views with minimal chromatic aberration, exceptional color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and optimal light transmission through the use of ultra high definition glass, an index-matched lens configuration, XR Plus lens coatings, and dielectric-coated, phase-correcting roof prisms. The lenses are protected from scratches, oil, and dust by ArmorTek exterior lens coating.
The housing is argon filled and sealed with O-rings to ensure reliable and durable protection against dust, debris, fog, and water. They rubber armored for non-slip and durable protection, and is equipped with a large focusing knob that is easy to use even while wearing gloves. Twist-down eyecups accommodate users who wear glasses. For hands-free use or the steadiest view, the Diamondback HD can be mounted on a tripod using the separately sold tripod adapter. Naturally contoured to perfectly fit your hands, promoting comfort and eliminating user fatigue,the Diamondback HD includes a winning combination of features.
- Roof prism design
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Fully multi-coated lenses increase transmission, clarity, and brightness
- Dielectric-coated, phase-correcting roof prisms improve true color, contrast, and transmission
- 7.5° angle of view
- 393' linear field of view at 1000 yards
- Birding-friendly 5' close focus distance
- Exit Pupil: 5.3mm
- Eye Relief: 17mm
Use and Handling
- Short-hinge bridge cuts weight and exposes more surface for handling
- Adjustable interpupillary distance: 55-73mm
- Oversized knurled center focusing wheel
- Textured diopter ring on right eyepiece
- Twist-up soft tapered rubber eyecups
- GlassPak binoculars harness with zippered accessory pocket
- Protective rubber armor provides a slip-resistant grip
- O-ring sealed and argon filled to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions
- Scratch-resistant ArmorTek exterior lens coatings repel oils and corrosive materials from lenses