Designed for mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers, the Comica BoomX-D MI2 is an ultracompact, true wireless digital microphone system with two microphones and just one receiver. It offers a complete solution for recording dialogue, interviews, and speech with two people talking simultaneously—directly to an iOS smartphone or tablet.
The ultralightweight BoomX-D MI2 consists of two ultracompact clip-on transmitters each with its own built-in omnidirectional microphone and a separate lavalier microphone. It also comes with a tiny receiver that mounts on and plugs directly into the Lightning port of your phone. To ensure that you are capturing a clean signal, you can monitor your mic via the receiver's 3.5mm headphone output while recording.
The system delivers reliable transmission with a clear sound at a distance up to 164'. The transmitter's built-in rechargeable battery provide up to 5 hours of operation. Versatile and extremely easy to use with simple controls, the BoomX-D MI2 is well suited for content creators of any experience level.
Two Microphones into One Receiver
- The two-channel receiver allows you to use just one receiver to simultaneously receive signals from the two mic/transmitters, saving space on your phone shooting rig.
Built-In Mics for True Wireless
- Each transmitter is equipped with a built-in microphone and a 3.5mm mic input that accepts the included lavalier microphone.
- For a truly wireless experience, the transmitter can be clipped on clothing without having to wire yourself or your talent. You can also hold the transmitter in your hand and use it as a handheld microphone.
- The On/Off switch doubles as a mute button.
Lavalier Mics Included
- For a more discreet setup, use the small lavalier microphone, which can be easily concealed away from the camera's eye.
Plug-and-Play and Easy-to-Operate Wireless
- This plug-and-play system is easy to use. It comes pre-paired at the factory; connect it to your camera, turn it On, and you're ready to start recording.
- Dedicated gain buttons on the receiver allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level for each microphone independently.
- The transmitters have a display that shows signal strength, audio level, and battery life.
- The transmitters are powered via a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery. They can also be powered via USB, even while in use, giving you near unlimited operating time.
- The receiver is powered via the phone.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the BoomX-D digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- The system automatically changes transmission frequency to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi/2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.