Providing a basic camera body with EVF, the Sony VENICE 6K Lite Digital Motion Picture Camera Package can be thought of as an introductory shooting package that can grow as you need it to. The camera body features a full-frame sensor with 15+ stops of dynamic range; however, in this configuration it can only use a Super 35 crop for a cinematic feel to your images. To achieve full-frame cinematography it requires an available, but not included, full-frame upgrade license. Likewise, to take advantage of the camera's anamorphic capabilities it also requires an optional anamorphic license.
You can record files as XAVC or ProRes in DCI or UHD 4K, as well as HD, internally to available SxS cards. Raw file capture can be accomplished with optional external recorders such as the AXS-R7. The included EVF features a 0.7" OLED panel with 1920 x 1080 resolution and 200 cd/m2 brightness. A built-in diopter ring enables adjusting the EVF to suit most eyes. The built-in eye sensor controls the anti-burn-in function of the OLED.
Sony VENICE 6K Digital Motion Picture Camera
Providing a flexible design configuration within a single camera body, the Sony VENICE 6K Digital Motion Picture Camera is meant to provide you with just the amount of camera you need, so you don't have to invest in more than necessary. It features a full-frame CMOS sensor with 15+ stops of dynamic range, but in its basic configuration it windows the sensor to shoot Super 35. The camera comes with a removable PL Mount that supports the Cooke /i Technology lens metadata protocols, allowing you to work with cinema-style glass ranging from vintage to modern. As is, the camera supports DCI and UHD 4K capture, while planned and scheduled firmware updates will enable anamorphic, full-frame, and select frame rates from 1 to 72 fps.
Remove the PL Mount to reveal a Sony E-Mount with a locking outer ring that allows you to mount your lens and then rotate the ring to secure it, creating a strong mounting system that does not require you to rotate your E-Mount lens when mounting it to the camera. Eight integrated and motorized ND filters range from clear to seven stops of ND in one-stop increments. The camera features a built-in assistant-side info screen, along with a smaller basic info display screen on the operator side of the camera. It features dual SxS card slots that allow you to capture XAVC or HD ProRes in-camera.
Firmware 6.0 Update
- 5.7K at 16:9 up to 72 fps
- 4K at 6:5 up to 72 fps
- 3.8K at 16:9 up to 110 fps
- 3D LUT viewable in the viewfinder
- ART (Advanced Rendering Transform) file imports
- Updated switching for SDI 1-4 3G-SDI level A/B
- Addition of second user frame line of 9:16 and 1:1 preset
- Record beep and alarm volume adjust
- Ability to maintain CamID+Reel# when loading ALL file
- Displaying of Genlock and TC lock status on OSD
- Setting of de-squeeze on/off via the USER button
- Updated RCP Call function
- Record gyro information in metadata
- Support for ZEISS eXtended Data from FUJINON Premista-series lenses
- Requires Firmware 4.00 or higher before installing
- Imager modes 6K 2.39:1 and 5.7K 16:9 (with Full-Frame License)
- Support for the X-OCN XT recording format
- Compatibility with Rialto VENICE Extension System
- De-squeeze ratios 1.25x, 1.3x, 1.5x, and 1.8x
- Cache rec function
- AXS Relay rec function
- Simultaneous format
- SxS recording folder structure selection
- Support for 6G/12G output SDI
- Improved imaging assist function
- Support for CBK-WA02 Wireless LAN Adapter
- Improved VF menu operations and Frame Line setting
- Support for CDL files
Sony DVF-EL200 Full HD OLED Viewfinder
The DVF-EL200 Full HD OLED Viewfinder from Sony is for use with the PMW-F55/F5 and VENICE 6K motion picture cameras. The viewfinder features a 0.7" OLED panel with 1920 x 1080 resolution and 200 cd/m2 brightness. A built-in diopter ring enables adjusting the EVF to suit most eyes. The built-in eye sensor controls the anti-burn-in function of the OLED.
In addition to the improved OLED panel, the DVF-EL200 features more durability and usability with an eye distance measure sensor, rotary encoders for controlling brightness, and contrast. It also features a LEMO-type connector and quick release system to detach the viewfinder from the camera.