Designed for outdoor sound recordists and DSLR-style filmmakers, this B&H Kit features the TASCAM DR-60DmkII 4-input / 4-track field recorder and a Porta Brace AR-60D custom-fit case to protect it from the elements. The DR-60DmkII is loaded with camera-friendly features and the case simultaneously guards it against rain and dust while allowing access to the recorder's inputs and controls.
For filmmaking, television, and web broadcast applications, the TASCAM DR-60DmkII multitrack field recorder is an ideal companion for your DSLR. Capture up to four tracks of high-resolution audio from external sources, route audio to and from your camera, and conveniently monitor through headphones. With strap-friendly handles, a tripod mounting socket, and a camera-mount screw attachment, the DR-60DmkII is compatible with a variety of setups and working styles.
Versatile powering methods and remote-control options make the DR-60DmkII ideal for location recording and extended video shoots. Its two balanced XLR-1/4" combo inputs handle mic- or line-level signals (even +4 dBu from high-end sound mixers) and can independently supply phantom power. A 3.5mm mic/line input with selectable plug-in power is provided for situations that require you to record a lavalier microphone or the output of a wireless receiver. Utilize modes such as stereo safety track recording, peak reduction, limiting, and auto level to achieve a clean, undistorted recording.
The DR-60DmkII can be placed between a DSLR camera and a tripod, or mounted to a cage or follow-focus rig. A tripod socket is on the bottom of the unit, and a removable tripod bracket is mounted on the top. Also, handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen, and permit the attachment of a shoulder belt.
Mitigate wind noise and low-frequency rumble by selecting the low-cut filter, which can be set at 40, 80, or 120 Hz. Upon playback, treble, mid, and bass frequencies may be boosted or reduced for custom output tone.
- 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- Quick menu button for easy access to various functions
- Simple, efficient file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to a computer
- Adjustable delay function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Hold switch prevents accidental operation
- Internal mixer with pan and level controls
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- High-power headphone amplifier delivers 50mW per channel
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- File divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-60DmkII is powered off/on
- Jump-back-and-play feature (1 to 10 seconds or 10/20/30 seconds)
- Up to 99 marks (locate points) per track
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
The AR-DR60D Audio Recorder Case from PortaBrace is designed to be used with the Tascam DR-60D Recorder and provides easy access to both the controls and audio inputs. The vinyl windows allow the user to monitor the audio levels and controls. The case also provides small attachment points for a shoulder strap (sold separately).